The Center for Engaged Foresight will present at the 4th APFN Conference this August 2018.
This time in Bangkok, Thailand. The 4th APFN conference takes a two-track approach to cater foresight practitioners and researchers. This years’s conference seeks to understand emerging and distruptive futures of Asia. This conference focuses on how Asia is imagined in the long-term and explore how might the shift to solar energy and intelligent/autonomous cars transform the design of Asian cities? Will Asian cities become green, smart, and clean? How might disruptions in capitalism – the shift toward the sharing economy, for example, transform the economic landscape of Asia? Will advances in AI create new jobs or ensure a jobless future for all? Will meditation and yoga by integrating our various selves not only lead to inner bliss but enhance productivity? As policymakers often desire precise answers to these questions, futurists have learned that these are best answered as alternative futures, as scenarios of the possible, plausible and preferred.
Along with alternative futures, case studies of foresight in practice from government, the private sector, and the community arena will be highlighted.
- To imagine Asia’s future; explores disruptions, and seeks to create alternative futures
- To share important methods, tools and innovations for futures thinking and foresight
- Through case studies, to motivate and enable the participants to apply the appropriate methods
- To promote cooperation and networking among participants as well as share experiences between members of different organizations and backgrounds
- To increase the profile of futures thinking and foresight in the Asia-Pacific.
- Create awareness for the need of creating future literacy with future (younger) leaders
For more about conference fees, venue, accommodation, how to participate and present please visit the official 4th APFN Conference web link.